Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Stephen Andrew is gone from CFAX and CTV News Vancouver Island

Over the last five to six years there has been an almost wholesale change in staff at CFAX as well as no end to changes of staffing at CTV VI (formerly The New VI and A Channel Vancouver Island).  The latest is Stephen Andrew being let go.  

I do not yet know why Stephen Andrew was let go, but he was one of the few reasons I was still listening to CFAX but because he was only on air from 9 am to 10 am I would often miss him because I would not remember to tune in.   As opposed to most TV news people, he understood the radio format and could do an interesting program.  He was not blandly sycophantic as many TV people end up being on radio nor was he confrontational for the sake of confrontation.   I will miss hearing him on the air.

I honestly pay little or no attention to local TV because it offers very little in form of local programming and their news reporting has virtually no analysis or in depth segments.

CFAX is really declining quickly for me.  I miss Murray Langdon, who was fired/axed, and Adam Stirling, who quit.   I used to want to listen to CFAX from 9 am to 6 pm on weekdays but that is no longer the case at all.

I hope Stephen Andrew ends up on air somewhere, he is very good at what he does and it would be a waste not to have him in broadcasting.

No comments: