Thursday, July 21, 2011

I am not going to run for council

I have been thinking about this for about two months now and I have decided that my life is not at the right point for me to run for Victoria City council in 2011.  As it is, I do not have the time in my life to do the leisure things I want to do.

On the practical side of things, I did not get enough firm commitment for the money I would need to run - I was only certain of between $10,000 and $15,000, which is at best half of what the minimum is I would need to run.   I also did not find someone that would willing to be my campaign manager.

As I look at the City of Victoria election, I see little or no threat  for the incumbents and I expect them all to be re-elected.   This also played into my decision, the odds of winning even if everything was in place was too long for me to want to run.  

2 comments:

Caleb said...

And the next day Victoria News publishes an article mentioning you by name as a potential council candidate in Victoria. Hah!

Bernard said...

I had not known they were going to publish that, they had not talked to me. But yes, the timing was ironic....