Sunday, November 16, 2008

Voter Turnout in the Region

Here is the turnout numbers in our region, take them with a grain of salt as no municipality has an accurate voters lists. Only in two elections did a majority vote and in five less than one in three voted. Saanich is once again at the bottom with only slightly more than one in five.


  • Metchosin - 54.8%
  • North Saanich - 52.5%
  • Sooke - 43.7%
  • Sidney - 36.1%
  • Oak Bay - 36%
  • Central Saanich - 33.4%
  • Colwood - 27%
  • Victoria - 26.9%
  • Esquimalt - 26.9%
  • View Royal - 23.3%
  • Langford - 22.9%
  • Saanich - 21%

I had the turnout numbers from last time, but I can not seem to find that at the moment. When I do, I will add it. I will also add the Highlands when I find them.

How do we get people to vote in the local elections?

No comments: